This past week, Dr. H’s team was on a research trip to the Hurleys homestead of County Cork, Ireland, but while we were in transit, you enjoyed the fruits of our most recent competition, our Irish Balderdash, town name extravaganza. Below, you’ll find the full list of entries. To vote for your favourite, click here!
- Muckanaghederdauhaulia (Co. Galway)
- Moss-Side (Co. Antrim)
- Stillorgan (Co. Dun Laoghaire)
- A dictionary of Irish placenames (truncated)
- A Cnoc Buí (Knockboy, Co. Waterford)
- Daughter of a Poet (Ballykissangel, Co. Fictional)
- Knockmealdown (Co. Waterford)
- Nightfall in Ooghinneendonnellduff (Co. Mayo)
- The Saltee Islands (Co. Wexford)
- Magheranaskeagh (Co. Offally)
- Termonfeckin (Co. Louth)
- Dooneyvarden (Co. Clare)
- Leenaun (Co. Galway)
- Nenagh Bridge
- Rascalstreet (Co. Cork)
Vote here! You have until Thursday night!
Besides the Irish goodness, you’ll also find our regular week’s contributions!